The answers you need are all around you. Success leaves clues!
Hard work is not the secret to success. If it was, our grandparents would have been millionaires. Instead, we know that success comes from doing the right things, correctly.
This means a business owner who wants to improve their results has just 2, relatively easy challenges ahead of them.
We need to accept that our current business development strategy isn’t working. Or at least that it isn’t working the way we want it to. Our current strategy may feel comfortable. It’s certainly familiar. However, if it isn’t leading to the results we want, we must accept that we need to move on.
Until we accept the need to improve, we’ll simply carry on wasting time. We’ll carry on working hard, for too little reward.
2. Adopt a proven strategy for success
Once we’ve accepted the need to improve, we’re ready for the second challenge. This challenge is easier than the first. We need to find a strategy that will work for us. A strategy for success.
And thankfully, success leaves clues.
We are surrounded by examples of successful businesses. Everywhere we look, there are businesses that are getting it right. Every area of our business development that needs to improve, is already working spectacularly well for another business. The answers we need are out there. We just need to follow the clues.
Your task here, is to do the research. Look at what the businesses that are succeeding are doing, which you can adopt into your own business.
Here’s an example of what I mean. If your business needs to improve its marketing, what might you learn from the following success clues?
- The last service you used, which impressed you so much you told your friends.
- The last marketing email you received, which persuaded you to take action.
- The last blog post you read, which you were inspired to share.
- The last social network update, which motivated you to take action.
- The last advertisement you encountered, which compelled you to make a purchase.
- The last newsletter you received, which you were motivated to forward to your friends.
- The last website you visited, which impressed you with its professionalism.
Once you have done that, it’s time to look below the surface.
Don’t just copy what you find. Instead, consider how you can adapt what you discovered, so that it works for your business.
Make no mistake, the answers you need are out there. Success leaves clues. And the clues are all around you.
Let’s grow your business! I can help you build a more successful business, increase your sales and boost your profits. Here’s how.
Source: Jim’s Marketing Blog