It’s never the money. Here’s what REALLY stops people buying from you!
Your prospective clients or customers absolutely can afford your products or services.
Here’s what really stops people buying from you.
- You’re attracting enquiries from the wrong people.
- You haven’t given them a powerful enough reason to buy from you or hire you.
- They don’t trust you, so they don’t believe your message.
Let’s look at these in a little more detail… Plus, how to remove these barriers so you make more sales or attract more clients.
1. You’re attracting enquiries from the wrong people
No matter how great your products are. No matter how outstanding your services are. You will never make a sale if you’re talking to the wrong people.
For example, if you provide a premium product or service, which rightly has a premium price tag, you’re wasting your time marketing to the bargain basement crowd. Yes, very occasionally you may be able to change someone’s world view. However, you’re far more likely to sell premium services, if you market to those who value premium service.
The key phrase here is this: Market to the dissatisfied, not the disinterested.
It’s never about the money. It’s always true that your prospective customers can afford your products or services.
Here’s why: If someone can’t afford what you offer, they were never a prospective customer!
Identify who your ideal prospective customer is and make them the focus of your marketing.
2. You haven’t given them a powerful enough reason to buy from you or hire you
The word motivation comes from a fusion of the words motive and action. When the motive (or reason) is powerful enough, we take action.
Most small business marketing is terrible. It’s generic. It’s predictable. And it’s extremely ineffective.
It’s all about attitude: Many small business owners dabble with marketing. They will pay an expert to cut their hair, but they’ll willingly risk their financial future with lousy, DIY marketing.
This is great news if you want your business to thrive! That’s because you can crush your competitors, simply by being professional enough to invest in expert marketing.
3. They don’t trust you, so they don’t believe your message
For your marketing messages to work, people need to believe them. They need to trust you enough, to accept that what you’re telling them is true.
Sadly, many sales are lost through a lack of trust, even though the marketing message is 100% true. Even though the promises and guarantees are completely legitimate.
So, why does this happen and what can you do about it? Trust is lost when there’s a disconnect between:
- What the marketing message says.
- And what the prospective client feels.
Here are some common examples:
- Promising an expert service, yet charging a low or average fee. People have been warned from childhood that if something sounds too good to be true, it is too good to be true. So they don’t believe it. This is why some service providers find they can attract more clients, simply by increasing their fees. Here’s what happened when we increased my client’s fees by 300%!
- Promising a professional service, yet having an amateur image. It’s like a restaurant serving a delicious meal, but on a dirty plate! Prospective customers are greatly influenced by what they see. Low quality logos, poorly designed websites, amateur marketing copy etc, totally destroy trust. And it does so in seconds! Once they’re gone, they’re gone.
If you notice anything that could cause a stranger to get a negative impression of your business, fix it. And fix it today. It’s that important.
The success of your business, (of any business), is simply a decision. It’s the decision to do the right things, correctly. So choose success. Then act accordingly.
Let’s grow your business! I can help you build a more successful business, increase your sales, attract more clients and boost your profits. To find out how, click here!
Source: Jims Marketing Blog